Spot On Therapies Services
Spot On Therapies is a full service multi-disciplinary pediatric clinic which will address the needs of your child, as well as the whole family.
Our licensed experienced clinical staff believes in being life long career learners. We accomplish this via attending state of the art continuing education seminars and programs as well as accepting graduate students from a variety of graduate school programs. By doing this, Spot On Therapies clinical staff stay on the “cutting edge” of clinical approaches but we are continually collaborating with each other as a team as we mentor the graduate students we are not only teaching but learning from as well.
Spot On Therapies pediatric staff believes it is important to focus on just that – children! We work by addressing the whole child and work closely with the child, parents and/or caregivers. Our experienced therapists and tutors will work closely with you, your caregivers, child’s teachers and other healthcare providers to provide the program best suited to address your child’s needs.
The experienced therapists at Spot On Therapies provide a variety of services to help your child and your family.
Call 630-428-1595 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to Request an Appointment with us today!
All of the therapists on the staff at Spot On Therapies specialize in pediatric care and provide individualized therapy or tutoring for children with a wide range of diagnoses. These diagnoses include but are not limited to:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Language Deficits
- Executive function deficits
- Nonverbal learning disabilities
- Motor speech disorders – Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Dysarthria
- Oral Sensory Feeding Disorders
- Oral Dysphagia
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Motor, balance and coordination deficits
- Bilateral Coordination – Praxis/Dyspraxia
- Fine motor (including handwriting)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental delays
- Genetic Disorders (ie. Fragile X, Down Syndrome, Metabolic, Mitochrondial etc.)
- Articulation Deficits
- Phonological Deficits
- Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD)
- Visual Motor, Visual Perceptual, Visual Spatial Disorders
Speech and Language Therapy
The experienced speech and language pathologists at Spot On Therapies provide comprehensive evaluations and treatment for a wide range of diagnoses, including:
- Cognitive communication (i.e. executive function, Non-verbal learning disorder, attention deficits)
- Expressive language
- Language processing
- Motor speech disorders (Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Dysarthria)
- Oral motor Deficits
- Oral Sensory Feeding
- Phonology Deficits
- Receptive Language
- Social-pragmatic communication
- Transitioning from non-oral feedings to oral feedings
Our Speech and Language Pathologists are certified by the American Speech-Hearing-Language Association and licensed by the State of Illinois.
Trust the experienced professionals at Spot On Therapies to address the specific speech and language therapy needs of your child, as well as your family.
At Spot On Therapies, our professional team of therapists and tutors understand the value of partnering with families to assist each child in striving for and reaching their maximum potential.
Talented licensed physical therapy staff at Spot On Therapies focus on working with children with physical limitations and issues ranging from the following to improve daily functional independence:
- Balance Training
- Bilateral Coordination Training
- Core Stabilization
- Promotion of developmental motor patterns and functional movements via developmental and neurological facilitation
- Range of Motion
- Sensory-Motor Facilitation
- Strengthening of major muscle groups
Our physical therapy staff are registered by the American Physical Therapy Association and licensed by the State of Illinois.
Spot On Therapies is a multi-disciplinary pediatric therapy clinic specializing in child occupational therapy for a wide range of diagnoses.
The experienced occupational therapists at Spot On Therapies address many pediatric deficits areas and diagnoses your child may be experiencing, including by not limited to:
- Coordination Issues (Dyspraxia)
- Developmental Delays
- Fine Motor (including handwriting)
- Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD)
- Visual Motor
Our occupational treatment services focus on the use of functional activities required to actively participate in daily life.
The occupational therapy treatment services at Spot On Therapies focus on the use of functional activities required to actively participate in daily life.
- Organizational tasks
- Play activities
- Social events
- Transitioning through a day
- Work tasks such as dressing skills, hygiene tasks, self-help skills
Our occupational therapy staff has extensive continuing education expertise and certification and training including but not limited to:
- SIPT (Sensory Integration Praxis Test) Certification ©
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)
- Interactive Metronome (IM)®
- Therapeutic Listening ©
- Sensory Processing Training
- Loops and Groups ®
Our occupational therapy staff are registered by the American Occupational Therapy Association and licensed by the State of Illinois.
Tutoring and Educational Programs
Executive Functional Training
If you have a child struggling with his or school assignments, time management, organizational skills or tools, the team of certified teachers that provide educational tutoring at Spot On Therapies have the expertise to improve your child’s executive functioning skills.
Our Tutoring to Life (TTL) program will provide the tools and strategies to successfully organize your child’s daily assignments and responsibilities. Watch as your child begins to incorporate our strategies and become better at self-organizing his/her life in areas including:
- Assignments/homework organization
- Goal establishment
- Homework layouts
- Locker layout/organization
- Long term and short term
- School supply set up
- Time management planning
- Tools for checking grades
Tutor To Life (TTL) Program
Spot On Therapies takes great pride on our exclusive Tutor to Life (TTL)© program. Our approach with this unique method is the same as our clinic’s overall philosophy of assessing the child, treating the whole child and improving the child’s ability in daily life with their family, friends, in school and in the community.
Our education tutors are certified teachers with endorsements in elementary and middle school. Additional training includes but is not limited to:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA),
- Lindamood Bell© programs – Seeing Stars, Visualizing-Verbalizing
- Handwriting Without Tears© program,
- Multi-sensory teaching strategies
- Executive functioning techniques.
The educational tutors focus on the family’s values, priorities, dynamics, etc. and identifies educational goals to maximize academic success.
Among the children appropriate for our TTL program include:
- Attention, focus and concentration issues
- Identified benefit from multi-sensory learning
- Executive function issues
- Overall academic and learning difficulties
Handwriting without Tears® Program
Handwriting without Tears® is an award-winning curriculum which follows a developmental sequence for teaching handwriting.
Using a sequence of teaching the letters results in writing that is fluid, legible, and automatic.
Handwriting issues addressed in this dynamic program include:
- Letter/Number formation
- Letter/Number reversals
- Overall legibility
- Pencil Grip
- Pressing too hard/soft
- Spacing of words